Monday, February 11, 2008

C25K - Week 5 - Day 1 - Some ups and downs

Monday morning is my one time a week that I get on the scale and I did not like what I saw. This week will be rough with a lot of events that include eating, but I am going to do my best to eat well and still lose weight. I also want to start measuring myself to see if my measurements change with my new exercise plan. I'll have to start that soon as well.

The morning run was great, but I should have looked at the weather before I put on some new gear. It was so cold outside that I could barely feel my hand during my warm up. The good news is that I got through the routine without a hitch and I feel great this morning. Maybe my brief research on morning running was right!

I also encountered a first this morning, a loose dog on my route. It was during my third 5 minute run, but I was still able to out run the dog before the owner wrangled it in. It wasn't a big dog, but it sure was fast. Good to know I can still do a flat out run after a few miles of exercise.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi! I found you via your link on the c25K forums. Looks like we're at the same point, I did week5day1 yesterday, though I didn't encounter any dogs en route!

I'm a weekend athlete, playing team sports long term, but always wanted to be a runner. I'm really enjoying the slow but constant challenge of this program!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your hard work to get this far! Sounds like you had some real challenges along the way. Good for you for sticking it out.

I found that week 5 was both exciting and daunting. It was the first time I had to run for a significant amount of time without a break. I was a little scared going into week 5, day 3, but I can't tell you how good it felt when I finished 20 minutes and didn't stop to walk. Of course, I don't have to tell you. You're about to find out for yourself!