Friday, February 15, 2008

C25K - W5D3 - I'm pretty proud of myself!

This is what I did when I hit the 20 minute mark of Week 5 . This run was exciting and exhausting at the same time, and I am very proud that I was able to do it. I still feel like I am a lazy person, but at least I am a lazy person that does at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 days a a week!

The run was amazing, with perfect weather and no dogs in sight! I was pretty tired after the first 5 minutes, but I was somehow able to drive through the next 15 with relative ease. I have to start bring my heart rate monitor with me so I can figure out how many calories I am burning amongst other interesting data.

I have to admit, I tried the C25K about 20 pounds ago and I didn't make it past Week 1. After completing Week 5 of the C25K today, I am a little upset with myself for quitting so soon. C25K is a great program for anyone to get off of their butt and get into exercise. With a little help from some MP3's, an MP3 player, and some good running shoes, I ran for 20 minutes today without a break. I didn't pay a dime for anything that I did not already own to do this exercise routine, so that makes me feel that almost anyone can do this. If you are just waiting for an opportunity to exercise, get off of your butt and do it yourself. You only have you to blame for being lazy... and I blame myself for that over the past few years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Josh! I did the same thing when I finished my first 20 minute run. Keep this up and you'll be a lazy person that runs 5ks three times a week. I'm one of them ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging your progress. I'm starting myself and I still have serious doubts that I can really be doing that so soon!

JalopyJosh said...

@Anonymous

No problem. When I looked online at C25K information, I did not find a lot of it online. I only wish I would have started on Day 1, because I did not believe I could do it either. The main thing I would say to you is stick with it as much as you can and do not start thinking you will run a marathon on Day 2.

Good luck!