Monday, February 4, 2008

C25K - W4D1 - A sweaty pace while stuffing my face

In the process of losing 85 pounds, I didn't do any type of major exercise. I walked a mile every so often, but it was a careful counting of calories from a well known program that helped me lose the weight. Now that I need to lose my 30, I'm trying to fix that.

Sweaty Pace
I started the C25K program 4 weeks ago and it's been amazing. I can now run at 3 minute increments without too much of an issue... I was sucking wind at 60 second runs only a few weeks ago. I run this Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so you will get updates after my runs so you can follow along if you wish.

Stuffing my face
So I get out of work eating my typical amount of food, and I come home to a great salad with tomatoes and a little blue cheese. I wasn't hungry, but these Honey Wheat Braided Pretzel Twist pretzels that were left over from the big game were sitting on the counter. I should have just returned them or thrown them out but I didn't. The bag met a slow death by being inhaled into my stomach.

After working my tail off and eating so well... why do I sabotage myself? This is a running theme with me, so knowing that this blog is out there might help me out in the future

1 comment:

Mom of Two Boys said...

I will be starting Week 4 Day 1 on Monday, so reading this post and seeing how far you've come since then is quite inspirational!

Wish me luck ;-)