Monday, February 25, 2008

C25K - W7D1 - I ran so far away

Week 7 on the C25K program is the first week where there are no walks in between each run. This is the first Monday that I have ever ran for 25 minutes straight, and it was a strenous beginning to the work week.

As a night-owl by nature, I got my 6 hours of sleep after numerous snooze bar smacks. There are clocks that do weird thing in order to disable the ability of the snooze bar, but I can't help myself. Someday I might learn how to stop hitting that snooze bar.

After getting dressed, my scale and I had a meeting of the minds. I willed it to show a number that was lower than the previous week and my mental acuity won! I think I lost 2 lbs this week, so I will do my best impression of shampoo instructions: Run, Lose Weight, Repeat.

My pre-run regimine of water and a bananna was fine and I started to stretch before my run. I don't think I stretch enough before my run, but I have not seen any bad effects of not doing this just yet.

Nothing to impressive happened in the run itself, but I did get the attention of a few dogs along the way. I did about 4 1/2 laps around the block in my 25 minutes, so I will go around tonight in my car and find out how many miles I ran today. I wish I had a Nike+ system so I could put all of this online, but I don't see a spare $300 hanging around. Maybe I should use that economic stimlus rebate from the government on that...

That's all I have for everyone today, but tomorrow I will be exploring the question: "What should I eat before my 5K?".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Josh! You're closing in on the end of C25K. Keep up the good work!

FYI, you don't have to spend $300 on the Nike+ kit. I got started by going to Apple's site and buying the last generation refurbished iPod. I paid ~$79. With the Sport Kit and shipping I think I paid ~$130 all told.

I love my Nike+ Sport Kit. It's well worth the investment.