Friday, February 29, 2008

C25K - W7D3 - He's going for distance, not going for speed

About 20 minutes ago, I completed my first set of 25 minute runs! While I say that with a great sense of accomplishment, I did manage to hurt myself a little bit in the process.

The run started out with the normal 5 minute walk and some stretching, but I decided to push the pace up a notch to try and increase my time. While my heart was in the right place, my body was not willing to let me go all out on this run. About 12 minutes in, I felt a little pain in my left shoulder. Not sure what it was, but I decided to calm it down for the rest of the run. I ended up jogging the rest of the way and did not do my 5 minute cool down walk. I hope I am not sore tomorrow because of that.

What I learned today:

I think I increased my distance a little bit, at the expense of my shoulder.
Slow and steady does win the race, and it doesn't hurt as much.
I need to find better ways to increase my speed and/or distance.



Slow and steady does not hurt as much

No comments: