Friday, February 22, 2008

C25K - W6D3 - Another one bites the dust

Today was my first 25 minute run, and boy are my legs tired (Insert laugh track here).

The run
But seriously folks, today was a bit rough when it comes to my C25K session. I woke up at 6:00 am and hit the snooze button till 7:00 am. After I came to my senses, I got on my running gear and had some water and Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar (the best snack in the world IMHO), and went out to run.

Nothing to exciting about the run today... no dogs or other major distractions. I noticed that the same 2 cars that block the sidewalk every time I run, but it's not so bad since I live in a neighborhood which is a huge cul-de-sac. There are a few tree branches that I need to duck under, but otherwise it was a good run. The one thing that I enjoyed most about the 25 minute run was that I was not tired. I wasn't sucking wind at any point in the run and I wasn't too sore throughout the run. I can't imagine what it will be like when I am back to my weight goal.

The weight
Speaking of my weight goal, I stepped on the scale today and it was kind to me. I usually only weigh-in once a week, but I was a bit curious. Hopefully I can lose my 5 lbs by April 1st!

Things I learned today

  1. I have to get a good nights rest before I run, otherwise the snooze bar becomes more inviting.
  2. I am almost a runner... I will proclaim myself as a runner after my first 5K.
  3. When I don't think about breathing, I tend not to breathe on the 3:2 rhythm.
  4. The best time to think wildly about any topic or aspiration is when you are running.

BTW: I like the song lyric titles... I think I will stick with them for a while :)

No comments: