Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day - Another tough day with food

There are many times when it becomes hard to stick to any diet or weight loss plan, and Valentine's Day is no exception. Whether you have a loved one or not, food and drinking seem to be a staple of the occasion.

While I had a reasonable breakfast and lunch to start the day right, my picnic with my loved one was a little rough. The truffles, wine, cheese and crackers, as well as subs were alright, but it was the ice cream shop afterwards that did us in. Ice cream is such a great treat in moderation, but it was probably overkill for the evening. It is hard to say no to something that tastes so good, even thought it gives you that "I am way too full and a little sick" feeling. Guess I am done eating for the rest of the day!

Tomorrow is the first 20 minute run of my life. I'm actually pretty excited to see if I can accomplish this run, so stay tuned for the results tomorrow!

No comments: