Monday, March 17, 2008

C25K - W9D1 - On the road again

Today is the first day of the last week of my C25K runs. Just like previous weeks, I decided to do this run after work since I need more that 5 hours of sleep a night. After a productive day of work, I got on my Saucony's, put on Podcast 8 (which is Week 9), completed some pre-run stretching, and started my 30 minute run.

I had a few obstacles to deal with on my run today. First, I saw a small child who was in the middle of the street about to get run over. The kid was there because it was chasing the "yip-yip" dog that was soon chasing after me. With my C25K training, I was quickly able to outmaneuver the animal with ease, but then I had to deal with the tree branches. I kicked a good 10 tree branches off of the sidewalk during my first lap around the neighborhood, so those were easy to clear at the end of the day. I had Dog #2 start to bark at me through a chain-linked fence but its' owner quickly got him to sit and lastly I had Kid #2 run after me on the home stretch of the run.

After 29 minutes were up, I decided to start doing a full out run for the last minute. I didn't think I had any gas in the tank left, but I think I did a good 3/10 of a mile in that minute. By my Google Pedometer calculations, I did about 2.7 miles in my 30 minutes, so I am close to getting to a 30 minute 5K goal. I will try to get that done over this week, so stay tuned for more Week 9 on Wednesday!

No comments: