Friday, March 7, 2008

C25K - W8D2 - Don't stop believing

I'm not about to ruin this great song by Journey like every person in a Karaoke bar does, but it something that ran through my mind this week. I believe my subconscious was trying to sell me out. Here's what I think my subconscious was trying to tell me this week:

"Josh can't run 2 1/2 mile, your too fat!"
"Your too out of shape, do you really think you can do this?"
"Wouldn't it be more fun to sit on the couch and watch Lost on your DVR than doing your exercise?"
"You hurt yourself earlier this week... take the week off."

After completely forgetting that I was supposed to do Week 8 Day 2 yesterday, I realized that all was not right in my C25K universe. So I went outside today and made sure that I wasn't a quitter. A sweaty and tired 28 minutes later, I made sure that I was in control of my actions again.

Lessons learned today:

  1. I have to stick to a MWF routine. Breaking that routine throws me for a loop.
  2. I HAVE to stay dry clothing when I run. Making my own person wet t-shirt contest is not appealing to the neighbors.
  3. This is getting tough.
  4. I will re-run Week 8 next week unless I can do another 28 minute run tomorrow.

No comments: