Thursday, April 17, 2008

Missing posts and beyond the C25K

I swear that I put up a post last week about my rough run, but it is obviously not here :) With that being said, I've been doing pretty well so far with my runs. Last week I ran two 30 minute runs that were close to 5K distance and this Monday I ran for 30 minutes with a fartlet in the middle. I tried to run all out on my second lap around my block and my body rebelled against me. I don't suggest running all out in the middle of a 30 minute run if you are not in great shape, but I think that little middle section pushed me to do a 5K in 30 minutes.

I also started to count my points again. I realize that I can eat a LOT of food when I do not regulate myself (i.e. 20 lbs on a 3 week honeymoon), so I went back to what I know works. From Monday morning to this morning I dropped about 5 lbs. I know I should weigh myself until Monday morning again, but it's nice to know that I can still do WW informally an lose weight. We'll see the results next Monday and work from there.

Since I am a novice writing about how to start running, I hoped that I can get some insight from the long time runners that visit JalopyJosh. I am going to start posting some questions for you guys and gals and hopefully it can bring some great knowledge to both me and anyone else that stumbles upon this blog. Let's see how it works!

No comments: